FAIL, If You Want To Be Successful
We all have different definitions of failure, simply because we all have different goals, values, and beliefs. A failure to one person could just be a great learning experience for someone else. However, when we talk about business and innovation it turns out that managing failure could play a major role in determining if you will succeed or not.
Twitter Co-Founder Biz Stone was recently interviewed in the Washington Post (http://washingtonpost.com/lpv6u5w) and commented on failure. In his work on Start-ups he says that he seeks out failure when thinking about retaining and finding talent. This is because people who have tried and failed, then tried again are really valuable people because they have learned incredible lessons.
We’ve heard or seen many failure quotes before. Here are a few on failure, fearing failure and the other side of fear and failure:
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –Michael Jordan
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. –Henry Ford
- In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. –Bill Cosby
- I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong. –Benjamin Franklin
- Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. –George Addair
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
- Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. – Les Brown
- You can’t fall if you don’t climb. But there’s no joy in living your whole life on the ground. –Unknown
We’re conditioned to fear failure. The misconception is that lack of failure guarantees success. The reality is that lack of failure equals lack of risk-taking, which is required for meaningful success. The bottom line is that if you aren’t failing, you are not trying hard enough.
Let’s keep moving!
Like what you just read?
If so, please sign up to receive exclusive weekly online business and blogging tips, and get a FREE COPY of our 5 Day SuccessBook! Click on the image below!